You must be going mad! Who will read it? Who likes pumpkin?
Well Ghumakkad loves pumpkin. Doesn't just love it but also grows it in his yard. It grows as a creeper and it's bright yellow flowers are in bloom currently. That's why this story.
What do we use pumpkin for? Many many ways including as a noun in Hindi! Read on:
- Pumpkin for Cooking: Vegetable, Soup, Sambhar, Raita, Puree, Desserts, Pies, Drinks etc. Postscript: Agra Petha, Kaddu halwa- courtesy Umesh Dhyani and Lalit Khanna respectively.
- Salad Decoration using its shell
- Halloween masks
- Water can with a handle called kamadal कमण्डल used by Sadhus and hermits in India
- Pumpkin seeds- extra nutrition and medicare
- To ward off the evil eye- when hung on the front wall of a newly constructed house
- A noun in Hindi- in derogatory sense. He is a kaddu कद्दू - meaning dimwit person
- Pumpkin Festival- held in many countries