Monday 3 February 2020

Uday Bhaskar's Book Release

When a book authored by your buddy is released, you feel excited. Ghumakkad was fortunate to attend a book release in Vizag yesterday.

The book 'India's Strategic and Security Concerns' authored by Commodore (Retd) Uday Bhaskar was released by Admiral Arun Prakash.
It was a chance encounter on social media when  Uday and I discovered that both of us are in Vizag. Uday always quick to respond, sent me the event invite. As I was to board a train same evening, I could squeeze to attend part of the event. After all what are buddies of 46 years meant for?

Uday was his usual self. Humble, polite and smiling. Ocean of knowledge, always calm! Uday, we are proud of you.

Here are few pictures of the Book Release.






I am not writing about the book. I will leave it to more learned readers and reviewers. Suffice it to say that the book will be of use to Policy Makers, Think Tanks, Practitioners, Researchers and Academicians alike.

We end with a quote by Fredrick Douglas who said that "Once you learn to read, you will be forever free".

Uday: Keep writing. More power to your pen or the keyboard, as the case may be!

Thanks for browsing
   
     -   Harsh-the-Ghumakkad/ 3rd Feb 2020 

#books #cub #udaybhaskar #navy #india #strategy #security #nationalsecurity #ghumakkadhb #ghumakkadharsh

2 comments:

  1. Harsh happy to note your participation in the event. If I am not wrong Cmde Uday Bhaskar is an X officer. Just confirm. I am not sure if you got a copy. If yes please give your review to enlighten us as the subject is important but my areas of intrest is technical and I am running against time. Appreciate your contacts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Uday is a fellow L Officer. Please mail me at hbindia@gmail.com

      Delete