Sunday 4 September 2016

Learning from Students

5th September is Teacher's Day in India. It commemorates the birth anniversary of Dr S Radhakrishnan a great scholar and teacher who rose to become the President of our country.

It is a day to remember and thank our teachers. But for teachers like Ghumakkad, it is also a day to thank our students who make us learn. Thank you all my students both past and present, for enriching my life and keeping me on my toes! Life without you all would have been a big bore!


I for one do not accept any gifts on teacher's day. But a hand made card is an exception. This year the students at Vishwa Vishawani School of Business, Hyderabad organised the Teacher's Day in an exciting manner. Feel the thrill through Ghumakkad's picture story for you. 








For such an exciting Teacher's Day 2016, special thanks go to Lahari, Himaja and team at VVSB Hyderabad. Keep up the team spirit and zest for life.

As far as teaching and learning goes, this year was action filled for Ghumakkad. I had an opportunity to train various professional groups. Am sharing the glimpses of some of these workshops here.

Every six months, my workshop at Centre for Social Initiative and Management (CSIM) continues to give me satisfaction and add to my learning.

Ghumakkad has also been conducting workshops for officers from the government at MCRHRD Institute Hyderabad.

Being a resource person for an MDP for engineers from L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad was great fun. Symbiosis Institute's brand new campus has the right setting.
 

Interacting and shaping young minds is great fun too. Ghumakkad was fortunate to address the freshmen at St Mary's College Hyderabad.
Invitation to address cardiologists at the Annual Conference of the Cardiological Society of India was a unique experience. A picture from earlier picture story-click to browse- is reproduced below

Ghumakkad loves training the trainers. Here is a picture from the workshop titled 'Bringing Realism to the Classroom' conducted for the faculty at St Patrick's Engineering College (read full story here).


Learning outside the classroom has greater impact. Sample the picture from a hike with students of IBS Hyderabad (more pictures here). Ghumakkad taught ten batches of MBA at IBS Hyderabad (browse the full story -Journey of a different kind- here).
Outdoor teaching and learning was the theme of my greetings on Teacher's Day last year.

I close with a quote from ApnaTalks.com which am sure would be loved by fellow teachers!

Once again, thank you all my teachers as well as my students for making my life interesting!

Thanks for browsing

   Harsh-the-Ghumakkad
   Teacher's day/ 5th September 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment