Our 14-year old grandson Ansh has done it quietly.
He has been selected by his school to be a 'Director' of a volunteering program for community work. Four students, one each from 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades have been chosen for this task. He is the youngest of the directors!
This morning while he was getting ready to go to the school, from my yoga mat I noticed a lapel pin on his shirt collar. On questioning, he explained it's significance. Unlike most teenagers of his age he is so humble that he reluctantly agreed to let me take a picture. Not too sharp as you can see below.
- Fund raising for different programs/activities
- Organise the events
- Mobilise other volunteers
- Participate in community work
- Event management
- Team work
- Sensitisation towards societal needs
- Social equity
- Power of volunteering
- Empowerment and its true meaning